ily, fashion.

my name is johnny. i talk a lot. i also happen to love fashion. therefore, i talk a lot about fashion.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Review: The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises
Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Morgan Freeman
165 minutes

A little late on the Batman craze, but I finally saw The Dark Knight Rises yesterday and it's safe to say that I LOVED it. This is the final film in the Batman trilogy and I highly suggest that you watch the first two movie to understand the complete story. I'll admit that I didn't see the first one, but I watched The Dark Knight the day before I saw this, even though I saw that one in theaters when it first came out.

The basic spoiler-free plot of the movie is that it's been eight years since the last movie and everyone thinks Batman is a bad person. The villain of the movie is Bane and it's up to Batman to return and save the city that hates him. Of course, there's a ton of other things happening all at the same time, but I don't want to reveal too much.

Christian Bale is a great Batman, even though I hate his Batman voice... Anne Hathaway plays Catwoman and she is AMAZING. I adore Anne Hathaway and I was a little reluctant because I didn't know how she would pull of the sexy femme-fatale role, but she does it flawlessly. Tom Hardy plays the main villain Bane and I thought he did a wonderful job. The only problem was that there were parts where I couldn't understand what he was saying because his character wears a mask, and they did voice over work for Bane, but it was still hard to understand. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a rookie cop and he also did a great job, not being biased because I am in love with him or anything... Marion Cotillard was also another great addition as the only other female role.

As a summer blockbuster, it was obvious that all of the action scenes would be crazy cool and I was not disappointed. The characters worked well with each other and it was kind of nice to see a mini Inception reunion with Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Marion Cotillard. All of the plot twists throughout the movie were excellent and unexpected. By the end of the movie, I was blown away by everything that had happened. I'm sad that this was the last movie because the movies have been so great and I want more! Although it's unlikely that they will make anymore, hopefully they could make a spinoff with one of the characters because I would definitely watch it!

10/10

xxxjohnny.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home