ily, fashion.

my name is johnny. i talk a lot. i also happen to love fashion. therefore, i talk a lot about fashion.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Glee Season 1, Episode 1 Review!

I thought of new posts that I could do that would be fun! I love watching TV and I've seen tons of TV shows. I'm usually up to date with what's popular, but I rarely watch them all the way through. The only popular show that I can think of that I've kept up to date with is Grey's Anatomy. Anyways, I thought it would be fun to watch TV shows and do reviews as I watch them! The first series I chose was none other than Glee. I thought it would be a good choice because tons of people love Glee, but I think it's pretty stupid. That's not to say that I don't enjoy stupid TV shows. So, let's begin!


Episode 1: Pilot

I remember when this episode came on TV for the first time. I was in love with it because it was all about people that don't really fit in becoming friends and going through high school together. This episode is all about Will Schuester, a spanish teacher at McKinley High School, who decides to restart the Glee Club. Cue the auditions and the misfit group of students who are the characters of the show

Mercedes: Sassy and slightly overweight black girl with a loud voice who seems like she will be the diva of the group. Auditioned with Respect by Aretha Franklin.
Kurt: Sassy and fashionable gay guy who also seems like he could be a diva. Auditioned with Mister Cellophane from Chicago.
Tina: Stuttering Asian girl who dresses up gothic/emo. Seems like she's hardcore. Auditioned with I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry.
Artie: Handicapped guy who is in a wheelchair.
Rachel: The main character of the show. She's determined, hardworking and believes that she's destined to be a star. Auditioned with On My Own from Les Mis. 

The thing that bothers me are the characters are cliched as hell. They are all a token something. Mercedes is the token black girl. Kurt is the token gay. Tina is the token hardcore girl. Etc... Rachel threatens to quit because the club is full of "losers", so Will tries to get "cool kids" to join. This is where other characters come in.

Finn: Main guy character of the show. Dumb as hell, but he's the star football player and reasonably attractive. Sang Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon in the shower, while Schuester creeps. Ends up joining Glee because Schuester planted drugs on him and threatens to tell the principal. What the fuck? This show is ridiculous and unrealistic which I don't really like, but I'll roll with it.

The group rehearses You're the One That I Want from Grease and this starts the Rachel-Finn crush and it's too early for me to decide how I feel about them. Ok boring plot building time between Schuester and wife. I'll talk about the adult characters now.

Sue: LOVE HER!!!!!! Favorite character so far. She's the cheerleader captain and the antagonist of the show because she hates the Glee club. Sarcastic and witty as fuck and I love her one liners.
Emma: School counselor with sever OCD and becomes Schuester's friend. Love her because she's all quirky and cute.
Terri: Will's wife. Annoying bitch so far. Their marriage is kind of strained. The end.
Ken: Football coach who likes Emma, except she doesn't like him. He's ugly and annoying too. Seems antagonistic. Should take Terri and leave.

Rachel awkwardly flirts with Finn, but he's going out with Quinn.

Quinn: Head cheerleader and doesn't do sex. Probably will be the head bitch of the show.

Subtle flirting between Will and Emma. She has a bit of a thing for him. Will talks about how his marriage sucks. The Glee club goes to see their competition, Vocal Adrenaline, perform Rehab. FLAWLESS SCENE! Their dancing/singing/outfits/everything is amazing. AKA glee club is doomed. The football players find out Finn is in the glee club and paintball him, led by Puck.

Puck: Another football player. Seems like a bad ass with his mo-hawk and attitude. Doesn't like the glee club.

WOAH, TERRI IS PREGNANT. Talk about the plot advancing fast in one episode.... Oh, Schuester is quitting because of the baby now. Wtf? I literally feel like they fit a season of plots into a pilot. Well, I guess that's the point of a pilot anyways so they can get picked up, but still.

Schuester singing Leaving On a Jetplane by John Denver with himself and a guitar. Not here for that... bye. Aw, Emma heard about Schuester baby and looked upset. :( Lol at Schuester all of a sudden trying to be an accountant. Rachel is now interim director and Finn quit. She can stop being so annoying now. The football team trapped Artie in a porta potty, but Finn got him out and snapped on the team. Gave a good speech about how they're all losers except he can accept it and he decided to stay on the football team and the glee team. Finn goes back to the team, apologizes, and encourages them all to work together.

Emma tries to convince Schuester that Glee club is what he loves and needs to do, but he decides that he needs to provide for his family. The Glee club rehearses the iconic Don't Stop Believing by Journey. This is their first real performance together and as cheesy as it is, I am loving it... Ok, I'm also kind of shipping Rachel/Finn right now. Them performing together is cute. Sue, Quinn, Santana (although she isn't as important yet) and Puck are watching and looking disgusted. Schuester is also watching and tells them that he decided to stay after watching their performance.

Episode over. It wasn't bad. I just wished the characters weren't as cliched or at least their stereotypes weren't so dramatic. Also, when there's a boring performance, It's kind of annoying because you have to sit through it until it's over. I guess a plus to that is that people can relate to these characters. I am definitely a Kurt and I know people are just like all of the other characters. Also, when they do a performance right, it's pretty amazing, like Rehab and Don't Stop Believing. Other than that, I'll have to see what the next episode is like because this was the pilot and the pilot is usually much more dramatic and showy than regular episodes.

Also, this post was long as fuck, but that's because I had to talk about all the characters and explain things. The rest will be shorter. I know no one will probably read this, but in case someone does, I hope you enjoyed it!

Fun Fact: Instead of putting Finn while writing this, I kept on putting Puck...

xxx johnny.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home